Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Great Escape...
This is How It's Done!






While we were moving Elijah learned how to climb out of the pack and play.  I figured once we set up the crib again, he would see reason, stay in the crib and go right to sleep.  Well, instead he just tasted a little bit of freedom that he wasn't able to give up.  So now, every night is a battle of wills.  I win of course, but not without a drawn out duel.  The battle goes as follows:  1-change diaper, put on pj's, brush teeth, 2-sing a song, give some snuggs and loves, 3-kiss goodnight 4-lay in bed, 5- lay back in bed, 6-put back in bed, 7-poke my head in and say lay down, 8-say lay down, 9-lock him in his room, 10-after 5 or10 min...lay in bed, say goodnight, 11-he stays in bed!

4 comments:

  1. Little miss pearl just started that this week. But I but those eyes help out a lot.
    I miss you and you family, we need some good friends for McKinlay to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a terrible day when they figure this out! I am still holding my breath with Emilia. It's funny, we put her in a toddler bed, low to the ground, and she still hasn't figured out that she can get out of it without help! Ha! She cries for help until someone comes to get her! I won't let her see this post! Not until kindergarten, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little stinker!! Brooklyn was the same as Emilia, she stayed in bed, even when in her real bed, but when Troy moved into the same room, he showed her all his moves! lol

    ReplyDelete